Stanley Consultants, Inc. Construction Manager in Tamuning, Guam
Stanley Consultants is hiring Construction Manager to Support the Route 1/8 Project in Guam
Stanley Consultants is hiring Construction Manager to Support the Route 1/8 Project in Guam. The detailed position title and provisional requirements are listed below.
Stanley Consultants is a consulting engineering firm recognized in the engineering industry for our commitment to client service and our passion to make a difference. We focus on energy, water, transportation,
and the environment. We bring global knowledge, over a century of experience, and multi-disciplinary capabilities to serve our private and public clients. Throughout its history, Stanley Consultants' success has been a result of its member expertise, flexibility,
and willingness to "go where our clients need us." Therefore, we are proud to have performed work in all 50 states, U.S. territories, and in 103 countries. Collaborating across the company, we field the best team to serve our clients. We are always looking
for talented individuals to join our winning team! For more information, please explore our website: http://www.stanleyconsultants.com
- In cooperation with other team members, prepare a project specific procedures manual identifying CM scope of work and
project control to be utilized. The project procedures manual will address project specific issues including UXO/MEC,
environmental issues, site safety and traffic control. The manual will also identify lines of communication and include a list
of names, addresses, and emergency telephone numbers of all contractors, subcontractors, agencies, and major suppliers
of materials and equipment doing business at or for the Project site. Emergency contact numbers shall include at least three
(3) 24-hour emergency contact personnel for the contractor and the CM Consultant who have personal knowledge of the
work and can respond to emergency situations. At least one of the CM personnel listed must be available locally at all times
during the contract period. Contact information shall include, home, office and cellular telephone numbers for these
Supervise office administration works that include processing and reviewing of progress payments for contractors.
Prepare an initial list of submittals required by the Project and provide such list to the construction contractor
Coordinate, review and assess contractor submittals for compliance with contract documents.
Coordinate the processing, review and response to contractor requests for information (RFIs).
Evaluation and pricing of change orders.
Tracking and management of change orders including preparation of amendments to contract document.
Review quantity records recorded by the Inspectors and post the data in the quantity record system. Verify the quantities
reported on the construction contractor’s monthly invoices are accurate, that the invoice amount is correct and that all
necessary components of the invoice are attached and proper. Forward the contractor’s verified and completed invoice for
- Attend preconstruction conferences, progress meetings, job conferences, and other project-related meetings including
public information meetings. Take and distribute minutes of all such meetings.
- Periodically inspect work sites as required in support of field staff and in the assessment RFIs, change orders as well as to
document progress of work.
- Review the Project progress schedule and maintain an “as-built” schedule of the construction contractor’s daily efforts during
- Prepare weekly and monthly report on progress of assigned project with assistance of schedules, costs spreadsheets and
perform analysis on same.
- Maintain project records and archive same at close of project.
The qualifications of the candidates should include:
- Must hold a current U.S. registration as a professional engineer and have at least ten (10) years progressively responsible engineering experience as a professional
engineer, with five (5) years of experience specifically related to managing roadway construction projects on behalf of an owner.
Guam registration as a professional engineer is a plus.
Must have a thorough knowledge of engineering fundamentals and applications; higher mathematics; computer programs with engineering applications; plans, construction
procedures, inspection, specifications and testing requirements.
Must have excellent skills in verbal and written communications to convey complex ideas and concepts.
Shall possess considerable ability to plan, organize and direct the work of others and maintain effective working relationships.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities, Women, Veterans, Disabilities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. We are also
an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41