Army National Guard Units (Title 32/Title 5) CONTRACT SPECIALIST in Barrigada, Guam
THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 5 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for a CONTRACT SPECIALIST, Position Description Number T5202000 and is part of the United States Property and Fiscal Office - Purchasing and Contracting Division, Guam Army National Guard.
Learn more about this agency
The primary purpose of this position is to provide sound business advice in the execution of pre-award and post-award functions, using a wide range of common contracting methods and contract types, to assist in the procurement of standard or specialized services, commodities, and/or construction within an operational contracting office.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
- #### Job family (Series)
Conditions of Employment
- Federal employment suitability as determined by a background investigation.
- May be required to successfully complete a probationary period.
- Participation in direct deposit is mandatory.
- Initial hire applicants must complete the certification requirements for their positions within 24 months of appointment.
- Current on-board NG Title 5 Excepted Service Contracting Program, Series GS-1102, employees must complete the certification requirement for their positions within 24 months of appointment.
- Prior to appointment, an applicant must complete and clear drug test.
- The applicant must possess or obtain a valid security clearance (Secret or Top Secret) within one year of appointment according to Army or Air Force Personnel Security Program Management Directives.
GENERAL EXPERIENCE: All on-board Title 5 Excepted Service employees assigned to Series GS-1102 positions, must be certified at the next higher grade-level before considered as eligible for merit promotions to that level; and, must have a minimum of one year on-the-job experience in the grade immediately below the next higher level. However, a new hire applicant must have competent experiences that are commensurate/equivalent to the contracting program business with demonstrated understandings of the complex principles and concepts defined by the NG Title 5 Excepted Service Series GS-1102 positions.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE:Are experiences that prepared the new applicant or the on-board employee applicant to perform the contracting duties of the applicable NG Title 5 Excepted Service Series GS-1102 graded position. An applicant must demonstrate the specialized experiences, as applicable and defined for each GS-1102 position as noted on the following pages, in order to qualify for a position identified by its applicable position description's GS-Grade and its Acquisition Contract Program Certification requirements. Contract Specialist, GS-1102, GS-07, Entry Level One:Must meet positive education requirement. Candidate must have an understanding of the basic principles and concepts of the National Guard Procurement business and/or contracting program requirements and certifications. Applicants must have experiences and training that demonstrates the ability to follow directions, to read, retain, and understand a variety of instructions, regulations, policies and procedures. As a condition of continued employment in the GS-1102-07 positions, employees must complete Level One Certification within 24 months of appointment to their positions. Contract Specialist, GS-1102, GS-09, Intermediate Level Two: Must meet positive education requirement. To qualify, candidate must have Level One Certification awarded. Must have at least 12 months of functional contracting experiences and competencies that provided knowledge of contracting principles and procedures to include the following business: Procurement in Pre-Award and Award Contracts; Simplified Acquisition Procedures; Small Business Socio-Economic; Delivery Order / Task Order; Contract Administration; Government Purchase Card program. As a condition of continued employment in the GS-1102-09 position, the employee must complete Level Two Certification within 24 months of appointment to the position. Contract Specialist, GS-1102, GS-11, Intermediate Level Two: To qualify, candidate must have Level Two Certification awarded. Must have at least 12 months of broadening contracting experiences and competencies that provided full working knowledge and skill in contracting principles and procedures to include the following tasks: Procurement in Pre-Award and Award Contracts, Simplified Acquisition Procedures, Small Business Socio-Economic, Delivery Order / Task Order, Contract Administration, Purchase Card program.
MANDATORY POSITIVE EDUCATION REQUIREMENT:
- A Bachelor's Degree from an accredited educational institution authorized to grant baccalaureate degrees. AND
- At least 24 Semester Hours in any combination/restricted to the following studies: Accounting, Business, Finance, Law, Contracts, Purchasing, Economics, Industrial Management, Marketing, Quantitative Methods, or Organization and Management. Based on the Education and Certification Requirements for this Series, NO Substitutions of Bachelor's Degree Education for Specialized Experiences are Allowed for the NG Title 5 Excepted Service Series GS-1102 Positions. However, substitution of Graduate School Education for Specialized Experience factors may be applied in order to qualify for an entry level GS-1102-07 position on the basis of completed graduate degree. The graduate course education must be in one of -or- be a combination of the following required disciplines: Accounting, business, finance, law, contracts, purchasing, economics, industrial management, marketing, quantitative methods, or organization and management; or, one full academic year of graduate law school, or superior academic achievement in a law school program. You must provide transcripts or other documentation to support your Educational claims. To receive credit for Education, you must provide documentation of proof that you meet the Education requirements for this position.
If you are a male applicant who was born after 12/31/1959 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency (https://www.sss.gov/RegVer/wfRegistration.aspx).
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the announcement has closed, your resume and supporting documentation will be used to determine if you meet the qualifications listed on this announcement. If you are minimally qualified, your resume and supporting documentation will be compared to your responses on the assessment questionnaire to determine your level of experience. If you rate yourself higher than is supported by your application package, your responses may be adjusted and/or you may be excluded from consideration for this position. If you are found to be among the top qualified candidates, you will be referred to the selecting official for employment consideration.
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics):
Knowledge of contracting principles, laws, statutes, Executive Orders, regulations, and procedures applicable to pre-award and post-award duties sufficient to plan and carry out procurement actions and administer contracts for a variety of specialized services, commodities and/or construction using a wide range of contracting methods and contract types.
In-depth knowledge of commercial business practices and market conditions to evaluate offer acceptability, contractor responsibility, and/or contractor performance, and to determine acquisition strategy and sources.
Knowledge of up-to-date market research procedures.
Knowledge of a wide range of contracting methods and contract types sufficient to perform pre-award, post-award, and price/cost analysis functions.
Knowledge of negotiation techniques and technical requirements sufficient to procure complex and/or diversified services, commodities, and/or construction.
Knowledge of contract administration sufficient to monitor a group of diverse contracts, understanding quality assurance, inspection, acceptance, and corrective action terms and conditions.
Knowledge of contract termination procedures sufficient to recommend or determine allowable costs, profit to be allowed, disposal of government property, and similar issues and to negotiate settlements with contractors.
Knowledge of contract cost analysis techniques sufficient to gather and evaluate price and/or cost data for a variety of pre-award and/or post-award procurement actions.
Background checks and security clearance
- Required Documents
To apply for this position, you must submit a complete Application Package which includes:
- Your resume showing work schedule, hours worked per week, dates (including Month and Year, e.g., 02/2017, Feb 2017, etc.) of employment and duties performed.
- College transcripts
- OF 306, Declaration of Federal Employment
- If you are claiming Veteran's Preference based upon period of service, a compensable disability, a widow or spouse entitlement, or as a Purple Heart recipient, please submit a copy of the following documents, as applicable: Form DD-214 - Certification of Release or Discharge from Active Duty (Member 4 copy), Form SF-15 - Application for 10-Point Veterans' Preference, and any documentation that supports your claim.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
- How to Apply
How to Apply
To apply for this position, you must complete the online application/Occupational Questionnaire and submit the documentation specified in the Required Documents section below. To view the Occupational Questionnaire, click the following link: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10151420
A complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on the closing date of the announcement to receive consideration.
To begin, click Apply to access the online application. You will need to be logged into your USAJOBS account to apply. If you do not have a USAJOBS account, you will need to create one before beginning the application.
Follow the prompts to select your resume and/or other supporting documentsto be included with your application package. You will have the opportunity to upload additional documents to include in your application before it is submitted. Your uploaded documents may take several hours to clear the virus scan process.
After acknowledging you have reviewed your application package, complete the Include Personal Information section as you deem appropriate and click to continue with the application process.
You will be taken to the online application which you must complete in order to apply for the position. Complete the online application, verify the required documentation is included with your application package, and submit the application.
To verify the status of your application, log into your USAJOBS account (https://my.usajobs.gov/Account/Login), all of your applications will appear on the Welcome screen. The Application Status will appear along with the date your application was last updated. For information on what each Application Status means, visit: https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/how-to/application/status/.
Agency contact information
Guam USPFO Contracting Division 430 Army Drive Barrigada, GU US
Learn more about this agency
Once your online application is submitted you will receive a confirmation notification by email. Your application will be evaluated by the Human Resources Office to determine your eligibility for the position. After the evaluation is complete, you will receive another notification regarding the status of your application.
- Fair & Transparent
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job applicants
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
Legal and regulatory guidance
- Financial suitability
- Social security number request
- Privacy Act
- Signature and false statements
- Selective Service
- New employee probationary period
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/492512800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 02/28/2018 to 03/27/2018
Salary: $41,365 to $79,586 per year
Pay scale & grade: GS 7 - 11
Work schedule: Full-Time
Appointment type: Permanent